Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Area Attractions, Guest Services and Restaurants
July 14, 2015, MLB All-Star Game at the Cincinnati Red's Great American Ball Park. More Info
Click here for Marsha and Nancy's "Excellent bed and Breakfast Adventure"
If you are already a YMCA member, you may work out at the R.C. Durr YMCA, which is less than two miles from our inn. A small fee may apply depending on how often you visit each month, or whether your YMCA membership is within 50 miles of R.C. Durr. Visit www.myy.org and choose the Burlington, Kentucky location for a current list of operating hours and additional details.
Trails/Additional Workout Facilities
Runners and walkers may also want to visit England-Idlewild Park, located just 1/2-mile from of our inn, past the Boone County Fairgrounds. There are three miles of paved trails and eleven miles of wooded hiking/mountain biking trails. Our recent guest, Joe Belich, wrote a detailed review of the mountain bike trails that you can access on our blog, here Mountain Biker Review. If you are not a YMCA member and need a gym facility, anyone may purchase a day pass to Urban Active, located six miles from our inn. Day passes are $10/day and include access to their group exercise classes.
- Community Yellow Cab - Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. | 859-261-4400
- Executive Transportation Services, Inc. - Six-passenger Cadillac limousines, corporate sedans, and ten-passenger vans. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. | 859-261-8841
- Prime Time Limousines, Inc. - Late model Lincoln Town Cars and the largest limos in Cincinnati. | 606-344-1168
Laundry Services/Dry Cleaning
Braxton’s - 6025 Taylor Drive | 859-586-9595
Nearest P.O. is at 2600 Burlington Pike.
Beauty Salon/Spa Services
Sableúx - 2808 Turkeyfoot Road, Crestview Hills | 859-341-1656 | www.sableux.com
Local Pet Resort
Erlanger Pet Resort and Day Spa - 3404 Dixie Highway, Erlanger, KY | 859-727-3940 | www.erlangerpetresort.com
Idlewild Disc Golf Course, Rated #1 in Kentucky, and #25 in the entire US. Is located close by at 5550 Idlewild Road, Burlington, Kentucky a scant 1/2 mile away. It is located close by at 5550 Idlewild Road, Burlington, Kentucky; a scant 1/2-mile away and a 12-minute walk from our B&B. Download a course layout PDF.
Antique Shops (Northern KY/Cincinnati)
- Burlington Antique Show - Held the 3rd Sunday of the month (April - October), the Burlington Antique Show has been visited by producers from the Antiques Roadshow and American Pickers. www.burlingtonantiqueshow.com
- Tri-State Antique Market - At the Lawrenceburg Fairgrounds in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, six times each year (1st Sunday of the month, May thru October) browse for antiques and collectables. www.queencityshows.com
- MainStrasse Village Antiques Marketplace - Held seven times each year (4th Sunday of the month, April thru October) in Covington, Kentucky. www.mainstrasse.org
- Cincinnati Antiques Festival - Sharonville Convention Center, October Dates TBA. www.cincinnatiantiquesfestival.org
Antique Shops (Lebanon, Ohio area)
Antique Shops (Waynesville, Ohio)
Waynesville, twenty minutes northeast of Lebanon, is the home of Benner’s Colonial Traditions, who crafted the custom kitchen cabinets in our kitchen and several bedroom furniture pieces.
- Ambassador's Antiques 513-934-5677
- Broadway Antique Mall 513-932-1410
- Gerhardt Tribal Art 513-932-9946
- The Lemon Tree Antiques 513-934-3077
- Miller's Antique Market 513-932-8710
- Oh Suzanna 513-932-8246
- William & Mary 513-932-4030
- Website for all: www.historicdowntownlebanon.com
Located in Covington, Kentucky, BB Riverboats offers lunch and dinner cruises on the Ohio River. www.bbriverboats.com
Big Bone State Park
A short drive takes you to Union, Kentucky, where Big Bone State Park is located. Giant mammoths, mastodons, ground sloths, and other prehistoric animals, driven southward towards the end of the Ice Age, were attracted to the salt and minerals found in the swamp area now known as Big Bone Lick. Many of these prehistoric creatures became trapped and perished in the quagmire surrounding the swamps' ancient sulfur springs. Today, there are hiking trails, camping and picnicking grounds, a gift shop/museum, and a herd of buffalo. Visit Website.
Big Bone Lick - Jane's Saddlebag
Unique merchandise and gifts. www.bigbonelick.com
Boone County Fairgrounds
Kentucky's Boone County Fairgrounds, located in Burlington, is home to the Boone County Fair, antique shows, horseshows, bluegrass festival, and car shows. Check schedule for events. www.boonecountyfair.org
Boone County Parks and Golf Courses
Cabin Arts and Quilt Shop
Located down the street in Burlington, the Cabin Arts and Quilt shop has everything for your quilting and gift needs. 1,500 bolts of fabric, quilting supplies, handmade toys, quilt and craft classes, unique local handicrafts, quilted treasures old and new. www.cabinarts.com
The Creation Museum
A 70,000 square foot museum brings the pages of the Bible to life. Adam and Eve live in the Garden of Eden. Children play and dinosaurs roam near Eden’s Rivers. The serpent coils cunningly in the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Majestic murals, great masterpieces brimming with pulsating colors and details, provide a backdrop for many of the settings. Spectacular new Plantararium Show, live science debates, more... www.creationmuseum.org
The Dinsmore Homestead
The Dinsmore Homestead, located in Burlington, is a living history site. Learn what rural life was like in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Check schedule for special events and operating days. www.dinsmorefarm.org
Eagle Bend Alpaca Farm
The Eagle Bend farm, located in Burlington, is where our inn gets the farm fresh eggs used at breakfast. It is also the largest alpaca farm in the state. Tours are available with advance notice. Their Fiber Workshop store is filled products for sale such as beautiful raw fleece and items made from the alpaca. www.eaglebendalpacas.com
Little Britain Farm
For horse lovers and those seeking an unique location, the Little Britain Carriage House is available for tea, weddings, receptions, and group functions. www.littlebritainhouse.com/links.htm
Perfect North Slopes
Perfect North Slopes in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, has 17 trails, a 400-foot vertical drop, and lighting for night skiing. www.perfectnorth.com
Rabbit Hash General Store
In the nearby historic community of Rabbit Hash, Kentucky, visit the General Store. Open every day, year-round, 8 AM to 7 PM. There you will find Bybee Pottery, Elmwood Inn Teas, Shortbreads, Curds, Berea Brooms, Sunflower Sundries, Soap, and other Kentucky-made products.
Riverbend Music Center
Cincinnati Ohio's premier outdoor concert facility. Riverbend Music Center hosts many genres of music. www.riverbend.org
Casino is located in Lawrenceburg, Indiana. www.hollywoodindiana.com
Every three to six years, steamboats (paddle wheel boats) from around the country gather in Cincinnati for a unique, huge event. Tall Stacks 1988 was called one of the top ten events in the world that year. This Music, Arts, and Heritage Festival celebrates Ohio River culture and history. Tall Stacks was designated a signature event for Ohio's Bicentennial celebration. Don't miss it! According to Cincinnati Magazine, the next festival is tentatively scheduled for 2012, dates are TBA. www.tallstacks.com
Home of the Lane's End Stakes and Kentucky Cup Day of Champions. Live thoroughbred and simulcast horse racing. www.turfway.com
Cincinnati Magazine - Top Places to Eat
- Tousey House Tavern is a guest favorite, conveniently located just around the bend from the inn. | (859) 586-9900
- Bouquet (Seasonal American) - 519 Main Street (Covington) | 859-491-7777
- Otto’s (American) - 521 Main Street (Covington) | 859-491-6678
- For pizza delivery, LaRosa’s can be ordered at www.larosas.com and 513-347-1111. It is located at 5880 Merchant Street, Florence. Make sure to tell the driver where to go, explaining whether or not you are in the main house or log cabin.
A full listing of area restaurants can be found on the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati tourism website: www.meetnky.com.
Dining reviews, reservations, and hours can be found on websites such as www.opentable.com and www.urbanspoon.com.
- Orchids at Palm Court - “AAA Four Diamond restaurant featuring globally influenced contemporary American cuisine in breathtaking 1930s French Art Deco setting. Menu updated seasonally.” (Upscale American) - 35 W. Fifth Street, Downtown Cincinnati | 513-421-9100, www.orchidsatpalmcourt.com
- Bouquet Restaurant and Wine Bar/Bistro (also a Guest Favorite) - “Owner and Chef Stephen Williams features dishes that marry lusty peasant kitchen soul with farmstead chic, creating unexpected (rather than uncharted) distinction.” - 519 Main Streeet, Covington | (859) 491-7777, www.bouquetrestaurant.com
- Cumin - “With a sleek, stylish interior, Cumin is sure to be a hit with people in Hyde Park. Offering up Indian fusion cuisine and a trendy atmosphere, this is a promising spot for the hip.” (International) - 3520 Erie Avenue, Cincinnati (Hyde Park) | 513-871-8714, www.cuminrestaurant.com
- Hugo - “Hugo’s low-country cuisine and gracious hospitality deliver sophisticated comfort with a Southern accent. Blending the familiar with the fresh, Chef Sean Daly exhibits true grits in plates. It’s contemporary soul food that’s certain to blow you away.” (Southern) - 3235 Madison Road, Oakley | 513-321-4846, www.hugo-restaurant.net
- Miyoshi Japanese Restaurant – “This is a modern and elegant Japanese restaurant with light jazz music playing in the background, quietly understated with seating arrangements that will accommodate parties up to 12 people. There's a bright, friendly sushi bar as well.” (Japanese) - 8660 Bankers Street, Florence | 859-525-6564, www.miyoshirestaurant.com
- Nada - “A festive environment, approachable contemporary Mexican cuisine and a lively bar makes nada the destination for those looking for great food and fun downtown.” (Contemporary Mexican) - 600 Walnut Street, Downtown Cincinnati | 513-721-6232, www.eatdrinknada.com
- Best New Restaurant: A Tavola - “Neapolitan Pizza and other Italian cuisine from scratch with love using fresh, seasonal ingredients.” (Italian) – 1220 Vine Street, Over-the-Rhine | (513) 246-0192, www.atavolapizza.com